Thursday, June 09, 2005

what's in a name


of the 22,000 shades of silence,
those imbued with the colour blue
live in a full-bodied red,
but alphabetically,
cerulian,
cobalt,
indigo,
navy,
phthalo
and ultramarine
yet when dragged-dry across canvas,
resemble the (f)light of my father's hands
on ivoried blacksandwhites, his piano-ed evenings
like BB King's slide into the tide of Louise,
another slow Sunday after-the-night-before,
misguided relentlessness,
(the beginnings of) unrestrainable rust on a car,
the four-year-old ocean in Isabelle's eyes
as she laughs at my jokes
with her slippery second-hand glance,
insights ripped from uncertainty,
the slow stretch of time from in-between places
that creases my paper,
linguistic bridges pulled taut by the sound
of a listening moon when attuned to the fold
of 26 loyal lead-lettered soldiers
and me





2 Comments:

Blogger Eroteme said...

Wonderful... really is.
I must say that my sense of poetry differs from your work (as you might find on one of my earlier posts on my blog), but this entire piece and its wonderful imagery try hard to make me drop my stiffness and fall in love with this. I found this piece so sweet like the ripples on a lake...

"the four-year-old ocean in Isabelle's eyes"
Nice... love such eyes...
"insights ripped from uncertainty"
Very interesting construction here...
I shant dissect this further; very nice writing...

12:31 a.m.  
Blogger name of the rose said...

thank you

2:08 a.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home