Saturday, August 30, 2008

.





pylvia slath-ing



in the lake lined spray
of a blue sky day spent
on a bay-shaded bench,
I drift to the word-messy
muse of a head-in-the-oven
poetic-bound Plath who,
soft as summer, rests
on my knee wearing
only a paperback jacket
cold-pressed in turquoise,
and Colossus-clad, she
forges calamitous paths
through my head but
even her name sounds
like wading through mud,
her galoshes-bound words
with their thick aftermath,
plath-plath go her thoughts
through my sighs worn in
and worn out by successive
re-readings, her letters
house hours, each step
of a phrase though exquisitely
chosen weds shadows
to verse with the shove
and the suck of each
wrist-writhing wound
that weighs me down
to the blunt indefatigable
facts of her life




2 Comments:

Blogger S.L. Corsua said...

It's been years, and more than a hundred (or two) poetry blogs I've visited and read. Still, yours takes top rank. In all glaring honesty. Your skill has not wavered, and yes, if you have a book of your poems, even a mere chapbook, I'd be honored to add it to my library. ;)

even her name sounds
like wading through mud


Egad, now that you mention it. Heehee. Cheers.

5:01 a.m.  
Blogger name of the rose said...

Very generous words.

Thank you.

2:15 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home