Sunday, November 09, 2008

.


"suspended between my darkest
fears and darkest hope"
(Sting)


... it is one of those grey canadian days
of early november filled with the kind
of light that renders dreams and time
indistinguishable from dawn to dusk.

it is late Sunday afternoon on the
tail of a previously restless night,
one filled with bad dreams for no
apparent reason. with no outstanding
debts to speak of and no undelivered
promises to grate at the inside, I am
scattered

... in a walking-up-hill-both-ways
kind of way.

this is something only countless
listenings of Alone Together can
possibly cure ... this, the only remedy
for making sense of all senseless things
... in his words, it is 'uphill, uphill';

"... [and] if they don't make sense, then
they're certainly layered with nuances ...
what if instead you were to tell me about
the lake today? and the sky north of the
border? and the fog off the water? and
the light drizzle or rain or snow? or the
street-lights and decorations, all things
more interesting than what's bouncing
around in my mind (which includes Chet
and Alone Together as I type this)."

in the world of words, certain moments
live on in the heart. as Shakespeare
perceptively stated,

"The more I give to thee, the more I have,
for both are infinite."
(Act II, Scene I)


... so, for dinner tonight? five centuries
of spanish guitar, lightly fried feta and a
certain lingering inflection to the phrase
"you so have no answers".

all in the spirit of mood and ambience,
as if to move beyond this dark
november day.



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home